Date: Monday 14 – Sunday 20 August 2017
Venue: Lincoln Cathedral, LN2 1PX
New, lower fees in 2017
Early-bird and second sibling discounts still apply; bursaries are also available. Don’t let cost prevent attendance – we can help.
For girls, and boys singing treble.
A programme of study, singing and fun activities designed to suit the different age/gender profiles of the singers and centred on choral worship in the cathedral throughout the week. This course works in tandem with the MYC Summer Course.
Entry is by audition (audition requirements will be posted here in due course). Singers should be of approximately Silver Award standard. You will not need to re-audition if you’ve auditioned successfully for a previous course in the last couple of years. Please email email@example.com or call 01722 424843 if you need to arrange an audition.
It may be possible, depending on numbers, to arrange auditions at events occurring in the following places during January and February. Please indicate, when you email, which of these you would be available for.
1. Vocal exercises
2. Performance of an appropriate, pre-prepared piece of the candidate’s choice from Lists G, H or K of the RSCM Silver Award repertoire list (please bring two copies to the audition)
3. Sight reading
4. Reading a passage of text at sight
5. Follow-up questions to assess underlying knowledge of musical terms and music theory
Course code: 2017LCC
Age restriction: 10–16 (girls, and boys singing treble)
Where two or more children attend from the same household the younger siblings will be charged £360 each.
Bursaries are available for this course – download application form here.
Terms and Conditions apply to this course as follows:
• All fees are payable in pounds sterling.
• Fees are subject to change only in the event of circumstances beyond the control of the RSCM, including changes in taxation and exceptional surcharges imposed by suppliers.
• A deposit of 20% of the full fee is required on booking.
• Deposits are non-refundable (except in the event of the course being cancelled by the RSCM), and cover administration costs.
• The balance of the full fee is due 10 weeks before the start of all courses, except where stated otherwise. After these dates, the RSCM reserves the right to re-allocate any places for which the fee has not been paid in full. In the event of cancellation by the applicant:
– more than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course, amounts paid in advance, except for the deposit, will be refunded.
– less than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course a partial refund will be considered if the place can be re-allocated.
• In the case of cancellation by the RSCM, fees paid will be refunded in full.
• The RSCM cannot take responsibility for other costs incurred when the place is cancelled whether by the applicant or by the RSCM. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you take out your own travel insurance.
• The RSCM reserves the right at any stage to refuse an application without stating the reason.
• If a tutor or lecturer is absent, the RSCM will provide a suitable replacement.
• The RSCM reserves the right to alter other features of the course, including venues and facilities.
• You must notify the RSCM of any special access, mobility, medical or dietary requirements when you first book to attend if these will affect your ability to participate fully. The RSCM will endeavour to help where possible.
• All adults on residential courses with under 18s will need to comply with the RSCM’s Safeguarding policy and procedures.
• Any dependent adult student must be assisted by a full-time carer paying their own costs. The RSCM is unable to accept responsibility for the supervision of dependent adults in the care of students attending courses.
• Under 18s may, at the RSCM’s discretion, attend adult courses if accompanied by a parentally-designated adult guardian. Terms will vary according to circumstances, so please ask before booking.
• Pets are not allowed. It may be possible to accommodate assistance dogs if advised in advance.