An experienced team of tutors will provide wide-ranging choral training, including care and development of the voice. This course will help those preparing for RSCM Awards, and older singers will have opportunities to develop their musical leadership skills. Daily services will be sung in the school chapel, covering a broad repertoire, and at the weekend the choir will sing in Bath Abbey.
Kingswood School stands above the beautiful city of Bath, and has excellent facilities. Accommodation is in small dormitories, and a team of pastoral staff care for the children and young people.
Applications are invited for two Organ Scholarships (paying a reduced fee of £175 for the course), allowing young players to study with the Course Organist and gain experience accompanying singers. Contact the Education Administrator on 01722 424843 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details, or download information from the link below. The closing date for applications is Monday 24 April 2017.
Course code: 2017BYP
Age restriction: Entering school year 4 to age 24
Super early bird price of £350 available until Monday 9 January 2017. Early bird price of £375 available until Monday 24 April 2017. Full price £420.
Where two or more children attend from the same household the younger siblings will be charged £336 each.
Bursaries are available for this course – please apply by the course booking deadline.
Booking deadline: Monday 5 June 2017
**ALMOST FULLY BOOKED due to accommodation limited by building work at the venue. Online booking suspended, please contact us. Places still available on the Cathedral Course for girls and boys (singing treble), aged 10-16.**
New, lower fees in 2017 – generous legacy gifts are helping subsidise these excellent, fully-residential weeks for children and young adults.
Early-bird and second sibling discounts still apply; bursaries are also available. Don’t let cost prevent attendance – we can help.
Terms and Conditions apply to this course as follows:
• All fees are payable in pounds sterling.
• Fees are subject to change only in the event of circumstances beyond the control of the RSCM, including changes in taxation and exceptional surcharges imposed by suppliers.
• A deposit of 20% of the full fee is required on booking.
• Deposits are non-refundable (except in the event of the course being cancelled by the RSCM), and cover administration costs.
• The balance of the full fee is due 10 weeks before the start of all courses, except where stated otherwise. After these dates, the RSCM reserves the right to re-allocate any places for which the fee has not been paid in full. In the event of cancellation by the applicant:
– more than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course, amounts paid in advance, except for the deposit, will be refunded.
– less than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course a partial refund will be considered if the place can be re-allocated.
• In the case of cancellation by the RSCM, fees paid will be refunded in full.
• The RSCM cannot take responsibility for other costs incurred when the place is cancelled whether by the applicant or by the RSCM. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you take out your own travel insurance.
• The RSCM reserves the right at any stage to refuse an application without stating the reason.
• If a tutor or lecturer is absent, the RSCM will provide a suitable replacement.
• The RSCM reserves the right to alter other features of the course, including venues and facilities.
• You must notify the RSCM of any special access, mobility, medical or dietary requirements when you first book to attend if these will affect your ability to participate fully. The RSCM will endeavour to help where possible.
• All adults on residential courses with under 18s will need to comply with the RSCM’s Safeguarding policy and procedures.
• Any dependent adult student must be assisted by a full-time carer paying their own costs. The RSCM is unable to accept responsibility for the supervision of dependent adults in the care of students attending courses.
• Under 18s may, at the RSCM’s discretion, attend adult courses if accompanied by a parentally-designated adult guardian. Terms will vary according to circumstances, so please ask before booking.
• Pets are not allowed. It may be possible to accommodate assistance dogs if advised in advance.