Date: Monday 20 – Sunday 26 August 2018
Venue: Kingswood School, Bath BA1 5RG
Course Director: Cathy Lamb
An experienced team of tutors will provide wide-ranging choral training, including care and development of the voice. This course will help those preparing for RSCM Awards, and older singers will have opportunities to develop their musical leadership skills. Services at the beginning of the week will be sung in the school chapel. Due to ongoing building works, the course may be unable to sing its usual programme of weekend services at Bath Abbey this year, but an alternative venue will be arranged.
Kingswood School stands above the beautiful city of Bath, and has excellent facilities. Accommodation is in small dormitories, and a team of pastoral staff care for the children and young people.
Course code: 2018BYP
Age restriction: Entering school year 4 to age 23
Super early bird price of £370 available until Monday 8 January 2018. Early bird price of £400 available until Monday 23 April 2018. Full price £448.
Where two or more children attend from the same household the younger siblings will be charged £348 each.
Bursaries are available for this course – please apply by the course booking deadline. Don’t let cost prevent attendance!
Booking for this course is now closed. There may be last-minute places available – please email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions apply to this course as follows:
• All fees are payable in pounds sterling.
• Fees are subject to change only in the event of circumstances beyond the control of the RSCM, including changes in taxation and exceptional surcharges imposed by suppliers.
• A deposit of 20% of the full fee is required on booking.
• Deposits are non-refundable (except in the event of the course being cancelled by the RSCM), and cover administration costs.
• The balance of the full fee is due 10 weeks before the start of all courses, except where stated otherwise. After these dates, the RSCM reserves the right to re-allocate any places for which the fee has not been paid in full. In the event of cancellation by the applicant:
– more than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course, amounts paid in advance, except for the deposit, will be refunded.
– less than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course a partial refund will be considered if the place can be re-allocated.
• In the case of cancellation by the RSCM, fees paid will be refunded in full.
• The RSCM cannot take responsibility for other costs incurred when the place is cancelled whether by the applicant or by the RSCM. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you take out your own travel insurance.
• The RSCM reserves the right at any stage to refuse an application without stating the reason.
• If a tutor or lecturer is absent, the RSCM will provide a suitable replacement.
• The RSCM reserves the right to alter other features of the course, including venues and facilities.
• You must notify the RSCM of any special access, mobility, medical or dietary requirements when you first book to attend if these will affect your ability to participate fully. The RSCM will endeavour to help where possible.
• All adults on residential courses with under 18s will need to comply with the RSCM’s Safeguarding policy and procedures.
• Any dependent adult student must be assisted by a full-time carer paying their own costs. The RSCM is unable to accept responsibility for the supervision of dependent adults in the care of students attending courses.
• Under 18s may, at the RSCM’s discretion, attend adult courses if accompanied by a parentally-designated adult guardian. Terms will vary according to circumstances, so please ask before booking.
• Pets are not allowed. It may be possible to accommodate assistance dogs if advised in advance.