Autumn Church Organists’ Course
Date: Monday 23 – Wednesday 25 October 2017
Venue: St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 1BY
Course code: 2017SOC
Age restriction: 18 years and over
This intensive course majors on the necessary skills required to excel at accompanying a Church Service, and is for church organists at approx Grade 5-7 (organ) level.
- Technique Tuition
- Practice Methods
- Repertoire (and associated skills needed)
We purposely restrict the course to only 6 students ensuring focused one on one attention & measurable progress.
Please click this link to see the course timetable.
All of our venues (Marlborough Road Methodist, St Saviour’s, St Peter’s & St Albans Cathedral) and private houses are within easy walking-range of each other.
Course fee includes tuition, resources and dinner.
Terms and Conditions apply to this course as follows:
• All fees are payable in pounds sterling.
• Fees are subject to change only in the event of circumstances beyond the control of the RSCM, including changes in taxation and exceptional surcharges imposed by suppliers.
• A deposit of 20% of the full fee is required on booking.
• Deposits are non-refundable (except in the event of the course being cancelled by the RSCM), and cover administration costs.
• The balance of the full fee is due 10 weeks before the start of all courses, except where stated otherwise. After these dates, the RSCM reserves the right to re-allocate any places for which the fee has not been paid in full. In the event of cancellation by the applicant:
– more than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course, amounts paid in advance, except for the deposit, will be refunded.
– less than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course a partial refund will be considered if the place can be re-allocated.
• In the case of cancellation by the RSCM, fees paid will be refunded in full.
• The RSCM cannot take responsibility for other costs incurred when the place is cancelled whether by the applicant or by the RSCM. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you take out your own travel insurance.
• The RSCM reserves the right at any stage to refuse an application without stating the reason.
• If a tutor or lecturer is absent, the RSCM will provide a suitable replacement.
• The RSCM reserves the right to alter other features of the course, including venues and facilities.
• You must notify the RSCM of any special access, mobility, medical or dietary requirements when you first book to attend if these will affect your ability to participate fully. The RSCM will endeavour to help where possible.
• All adults on residential courses with under 18s will need to comply with the RSCM’s Safeguarding policy and procedures.
• Any dependent adult student must be assisted by a full-time carer paying their own costs. The RSCM is unable to accept responsibility for the supervision of dependent adults in the care of students attending courses.
• Under 18s may, at the RSCM’s discretion, attend adult courses if accompanied by a parentally-designated adult guardian. Terms will vary according to circumstances, so please ask before booking.
• Pets are not allowed. It may be possible to accommodate assistance dogs if advised in advance.
Venue: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Date(s): Monday 23rd October 2017 (14:00) – Wednesday 25th October 2017 (15:30)
Director: Roger Carter
Sorry but tickets are no longer available for this event.