Junior Millennium Youth Choir Summer Residential 2018
Date: Monday 27 August – Thursday 30 August 2018
Venue: Salisbury Cathedral School, 1 The Close, Salisbury, SP1 2EQ
Director: Hugh Morris, RSCM Director
A new summer course for existing and prospective members of the Junior Millennium Youth Choir hosted at Salisbury Cathedral School in the heart of the Cathedral Close. The RSCM Junior Millennium Youth Choir is a new initiative for young boy and girl choristers drawn from across the country.
The JMYC will sing Choral Evensong with the Millennium Youth Choir in Salisbury Cathedral as well as following its own programme of rehearsals, services and workshops.
This course is directed by Hugh Morris, Director of the RSCM from August 2018.
Joining the Choir
Membership of the Junior Millennium Youth Choir is open to singers of any voice part between 10 and 17 years of age, and prospective members will be auditioned during the course. The audition will explore speed of learning, sense and control of pitch, response to text, and voice quality.
Course code: 2018JMYC
Age restriction: 10-17
Places available: Open to current and prospective members of the JMYC
Price: £280 includes 3 nights full board
Booking closes Monday 2 July.
Bursaries are available for this course – you can download the 2018 bursary form here.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Don’t let cost prevent attendance – we can help.
Terms and Conditions apply to this course as follows:
• All fees are payable in pounds sterling.
• Fees are subject to change only in the event of circumstances beyond the control of the RSCM, including changes in taxation and exceptional surcharges imposed by suppliers.
• A deposit of 20% of the full fee is required on booking.
• Deposits are non-refundable (except in the event of the course being cancelled by the RSCM), and cover administration costs.
• The balance of the full fee is due 10 weeks before the start of all courses, except where stated otherwise. After these dates, the RSCM reserves the right to re-allocate any places for which the fee has not been paid in full. In the event of cancellation by the applicant:
– more than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course, amounts paid in advance, except for the deposit, will be refunded.
– less than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course a partial refund will be considered if the place can be re-allocated.
• In the case of cancellation by the RSCM, fees paid will be refunded in full.
• The RSCM cannot take responsibility for other costs incurred when the place is cancelled whether by the applicant or by the RSCM. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you take out your own travel insurance.
• The RSCM reserves the right at any stage to refuse an application without stating the reason.
• If a tutor or lecturer is absent, the RSCM will provide a suitable replacement.
• The RSCM reserves the right to alter other features of the course, including venues and facilities.
• You must notify the RSCM of any special access, mobility, medical or dietary requirements when you first book to attend if these will affect your ability to participate fully. The RSCM will endeavour to help where possible.
• All adults on residential courses with under 18s will need to comply with the RSCM’s Safeguarding policy and procedures.
• Any dependent adult student must be assisted by a full-time carer paying their own costs. The RSCM is unable to accept responsibility for the supervision of dependent adults in the care of students attending courses.
• Under 18s may, at the RSCM’s discretion, attend adult courses if accompanied by a parentally-designated adult guardian. Terms will vary according to circumstances, so please ask before booking.
• Pets are not allowed. It may be possible to accommodate assistance dogs if advised in advance.
Venue: Salisbury Cathedral School
Postcode: SP1 2EQ
Start Date: Monday 27th August 2018 11:00
End Date: Thursday 30th August 2018 17:00
Director: Hugh Morris