Strengthen for Service
Date: Tuesday 16 – Thursday 18 May 2017
Venue: Mill House, nr Tiverton, Devon EX16 7ES
Director: Revd Helen Bent
Led by the RSCM’s Head of Ministerial Training, Revd Helen Bent, Strengthen for Service provides practical guidance on how to manage your parish music. The course is designed for Anglican clergy, Readers and Lay Leaders.
This hands-on course will…
• Give you practical advice on choosing suitable music and materials for worship
• Help you establish good working practices to continue to plan and manage parish music
• Provide you with significant biblical and historical insight to further support your learning
There will be “clinic” style sessions, study options and worship in a wide variety of different styles.
Course code: 2017SFS2
Age restriction: 18 years and over
Residential: Early bird price of £265 available until Monday 30 January 2017.
Full price £280. Prices include full board accommodation, materials and resources.
*NEW* Non-residential: £196, including lunch, dinner and materials and resources
Booking deadline: Monday 3 April 2017
Terms and Conditions apply to this course as follows:
• All fees are payable in pounds sterling.
• Fees are subject to change only in the event of circumstances beyond the control of the RSCM, including changes in taxation and exceptional surcharges imposed by suppliers.
• A deposit of 20% of the full fee is required on booking.
• Deposits are non-refundable (except in the event of the course being cancelled by the RSCM), and cover administration costs.
• The balance of the full fee is due 10 weeks before the start of all courses, except where stated otherwise. After these dates, the RSCM reserves the right to re-allocate any places for which the fee has not been paid in full. In the event of cancellation by the applicant:
– more than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course, amounts paid in advance, except for the deposit, will be refunded.
– less than the stated number of weeks before the start of the course a partial refund will be considered if the place can be re-allocated.
• In the case of cancellation by the RSCM, fees paid will be refunded in full.
• The RSCM cannot take responsibility for other costs incurred when the place is cancelled whether by the applicant or by the RSCM. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you take out your own travel insurance.
• The RSCM reserves the right at any stage to refuse an application without stating the reason.
• If a tutor or lecturer is absent, the RSCM will provide a suitable replacement.
• The RSCM reserves the right to alter other features of the course, including venues and facilities.
• You must notify the RSCM of any special access, mobility, medical or dietary requirements when you first book to attend if these will affect your ability to participate fully. The RSCM will endeavour to help where possible.
• All adults on residential courses with under 18s will need to comply with the RSCM’s Safeguarding policy and procedures.
• Any dependent adult student must be assisted by a full-time carer paying their own costs. The RSCM is unable to accept responsibility for the supervision of dependent adults in the care of students attending courses.
• Under 18s may, at the RSCM’s discretion, attend adult courses if accompanied by a parentally-designated adult guardian. Terms will vary according to circumstances, so please ask before booking.
• Pets are not allowed. It may be possible to accommodate assistance dogs if advised in advance.
Venue: Mill House, nr Tiverton
Postcode: EX16 7ES
Date(s): Tuesday 16th May 2017 – Thursday 18th May 2017
Director: Revd Helen Bent